Fall 2020 Yoga for Peace Newsletter!
Welcome back Yogi’s!
I am excited to announce that Yoga for Peace will be returning in September!
Yoga with Kerry classes are going to look a little different with the Covid-19 protocols in place, but hopefully we can work together and support each other as we bring our yoga community back together again, safely!
Another exciting change involves a new location.
Due to the KP Hall being for sale, I had to find a new location. We are now going to be practicing at the Warfield Hall!!
The hall has been recently renovated and offers a nice, clean, large open space, with clean spacious bathrooms and hallway entrance to hang our coats. Perhaps the best feature of the Warfield Hall is that it is entry level and there are no stairs! Plus, parking will be a little easier then downtown Trail!
I hope you are as excited as I am to get back to Yoga classes again!
Here are the details of the upcoming sessions:
Yoga for Peace Mondays 6:45-8pm
Yoga for Peace is a mindful Yoga class series designed to help reduce stress and anxiety and calm the nervous system while raising self-awareness and developing healthy skills for managing stress. You can expect a safe and accepting space dedicated to providing you with an opportunity to practice therapeutic yoga skills while experiencing mindfulness and deep relaxation. Each class will include mindfulness through movement (Somatics, Joint Freeing Series, Yoga postures), breathwork, meditation, and relaxation (body scan). Yoga therapy and mindfulness theory will be interwoven into each practice and throughout the series.
Fall Session #1:
September 21-November 2nd
6 week session
(No Class on Monday Oct. 12, Thanksgiving Holiday)
*Register here! http://www.kerryyoga.com
Fall Session #2:
November 9-December 14th
6 week session
*Please note that class size is limited to 20 participants due to new social distancing requirements. Please register online www.kerryyoga.comand pay (PayPal or E-Transfer:firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to secure your spot.
Please take a moment to review the WorkSafe Covid-19 protocols and Yoga with Kerry protocols prior to attending class:
WorkSafeBC protocols for Yoga Instructors:
Our workplace policies ensure that workers and others showing symptoms of Covid-19 are prohibited from the workplace.
o Anyone who has had symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days. Symptoms include fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new muscle aches or headache.
o Anyone directed by Public Health to self-isolate.
· Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada in the last 14 days.
Yoga with Kerry Covid-19 Policies
To ensure the health and safety of all staff and clients, the following protocols will be in place:
1) Occupancy limits will be posted (20 max in yoga space, 1 max in bathrooms)
2) Bookings and pay will be 100% online. No drop-in options available.
3) Please use social distancing when entering and exiting the building
4) Wash hands before and after class
5) Use hand sanitizer provided upon entering and leaving class
6) Students will be spaced 2 meters apart during class. Please place your mat on one of the markers on the floor.
7) Please bring your own supplies as yoga props will not be available.
8) Teacher will wear a mask during pre-post class
9) Masks are recommended to wear during entering and exiting of space. Masks are optional during the class/workshop.
10) Clean pens will be provided for signing waiver (if possible, print and sign your waiver, prior to first class.)
11)Please follow signage (arrows) when moving through the space
12)High contact points will be cleaned/disinfected before and after class
13)Please perform a self-assessment prior to each class (checking for symptoms of Covid19) If you are showing any symptoms in the last 10 days please do not attend class.\
Thank you for helping all of us stay safe and healthy!
In : Yoga E-Newlsetter
Tags: yoga "yoga with kerry" "yoga in warfield" "yoga therapy" "yoga in rossland" "yoga in trail bc"